Friday 9 August 2013

TheBalm Nude'tude


TheBalm NUDE'tude Palette
 
 
When we got a sample of theBalm's blusher in the July Birchbox I was so excited. Partly about the actual blusher (which is lovely), but because I was hoping that the Balm products would be added to the Birchbox shop. As soon as I saw it had come in I swooped and used my points, which meant that instead of paying the full price of £26, I got this little beauty for the total bargain of £6 and delivered free.
 
Let's just take a moment to admire the packaging. It is just so cute. The box feel sturdy despite it being made of card board and contains a real brush instead of one of those useless sponge applicators. Also on the back is one of those phone scan codes where you can see video tutorials. These clever people have though of everything.
 


The NUDE'tude palette contains a palette of 12 nude (the clue is in the name) eye shadows. I have really need enjoying playing with these. The eye shadows feel so soft and silky. They are beautiful to apply and blend, and have no fall out. Once on they have stayed put, even on days when my hay fever has been a problem, and of course have really good pigmentation. I can honestly say that this is one of the nicest palettes I have bought, and I do have rather a weakness for palettes. I can see that I will get plenty of use from this. The range of shades in this means it can go from a day to night look.

 
 
 Swatches and names of the top row left to right. Sassy, Stubborn (very close to my skin tone so the photo does it no favours), Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy and Serious. My favourites from the top row are sassy, stubborn, and sexy. Serious is lovely as an eyeliner.
 
 
 
Swatches and names of the bottom row, again left to right. Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly and Sleek. My favourites from the bottom row are stand-offish, seductive and silly. I know it's only a minor thing, but I do like it when the eye shadows have names and not just numbers. It's the attention to detail that sets the big boys apart. Big thumbs up for the NUDE'tude palette

No comments:

Post a Comment