Wednesday 14 August 2013

Leibster award


                                                               Leibster award.

  This morning I woke to a lovely suprise from Kershia at http://colourmyworldbeautiful.com/. She had very kindly nominated me for the Leibster award. Hve you come across the Leibster award before?  If you haven't this is a brief summary of it:-

 The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

 I think this is a lovely way of introducing not only yourself, but other people's blogs you like and follow. Also its a lovely post for those of us just starting off with are blogs. Am really quite humbled to be tagged, so a big thank you to Kershia.

Firstly 11 random facts about myself.

1. My husband and I have been together for 16 years and have been married for 11
2. We have 3 children Lauren is 9 and my identical twin boys Toby and Sam are 6.
3. After I had given birth to my boys, (6 weeks early) my mother in law didn't believe my husband. It was only when he told her their birth weights that she believed I had actally had them. This is what happens when your husband takes great delight in winding people up.
4. I currently work nights as a community nurse, but have also worked in coronary care and briefly for NHS direct.
5. I am obsessed with beauty products and in particular red lipstick.
6. I am always cold, my husband rudely says I have fish blood.
7. I have such a sweet tooth. Cake, chocolate, pudding. Give it to me. Now!
8.For someone with a sweet tooth, I don't like fresh cream cakes or choux pastry.
9. I would have a house full of animals if ny husband would let me.
10. I am such a short arse, I am only 5'1.
11. I love running and swimmimg.

 So without further ado, these are the quetions Kershia has set.

1. What is your favourite food?
2. What’s your favourite beauty product?
3. What’s one beauty peeve that really gets to you?
4. What’s your morning beauty routine?
5. How did you start blogging and why?
6. Dogs or cats?
7. Are you an impulsive shopper or do you think before you buy?
8. What do you like most about the blogging community?
9. Biggest fashion inspiration?
10. Who is your role model in life?
11. The best thing you love about blogging?

1. What is your favourite food?
Decisions, decisions. I am quite boring. For savoury it would have to be something pasta based. Lasagne I would have to say. For something sweet (and I have such a sweet tooth) it would have to be sticky toffee pudding with lashings of cream.

2. What’s your favourite beauty product?
Easy one. Red lipstick. A bright red lip instantly makes me feel happier.

3. What’s one beauty peeve that really gets to you?
I have 2. Firstly those that insist on wearing 3 tonnes of slap. You should not need a trowel to apply your make up. Secondly caterpillar eyebrows that seem to be all the rage a.k.a Cara Delevingne. I am sorry but I just don't get it. She is such a beautiful girl and it is spoilt by those 2 great caterpillars.

4. What’s your morning beauty routine?
With 3 kids to see to mornings are manic. Before the dreaded school run I would quickly wash. tone moisturise, brush my hair and teeth and then concentrate on getting the kids fed, watered and off to school. Usually there is some altercation between the kids, but that is the joy of being a mum. Once I am back from the school run, I would enjoy my breakfast and put on my face.

5. How did you start blogging and why?
I love following other peoples blogs and wanted a go myself. I am quite a creative being really.

6. Dogs or cats?
Both. I love animals in all shapes and sizes.

7. Are you an impulsive shopper or do you think before you buy?
Both. For cheaper items there is nothing like a good splurge. But for more expensive items I tend to look around. You cant beat that feeling of getting your dream purchase at a bargain price.

8. What do you like most about the blogging community?
I think the blooging community is really friendly and supportive of each other. You can pick up some great tips and ideas, as people are usually very honest.

9. Biggest fashion inspiration?
I love the way Kate Moss is styled. She always looks so effortless. Makeup wise I love Taylor Swift, again it's a simple classy look.

10. Who is your role model in life?
I don't really have a role model as such. There are qualitites I admire in people, but I think you have to be your own person.

11. The best thing you love about blogging?
It has intoduced me to a wealth of lovely people and things I would not otherwise experienced. Of course this is not always so good for the bank balance, but you can't have it all.

So there you have it. Now for my questions
1. How did you start blogging and why?
2. The best thing you love about blogging?
3. What do you like most about the blogging community?
4. What’s your morning beauty routine?
5. What’s your favourite beauty product?
6. Describe your ideal holiday if money were no object?
7. Describe your favourite day out?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. What is your favourite childhood memory?
10. Which celebrity would you most like to share a cuppa and a slice of cake with?
11. What is the best piece of advice you have been given?

Finally, the people I tag. Can't wait to see what they think.
http://petitmoibigworld.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.mystyleanthology.blogspot.co.uk/

http://costellobeautyreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

http://sparkledust-beautyuk.blogspot.co.uk/

http://tarte-aux-fraises.blogspot.co.uk/

http://theorganisedpenguin.blogspot.co.uk/

http://hayleyfromhome.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ditzymakeup.com/

http://accentgirl100.blogspot.co.uk/

http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.tiarasandprozac.co.uk/




No comments:

Post a Comment