Monday 26 August 2013

Bourjois Colour Block Mini Nail Enamels.

 
Bourjois Colour Block Mini Nail Enamels.
 
 
 
When I saw that  Bourjois were bringing out this cute little box of mini's I wanted them so badly. There are two sets in this range, Colour Block, a set of brights, and Pastel Mania, a set of pastels (the clue is in the name). Living in a small town, I knew the chances of them being stocked locally were pretty non- existant, so off I went on online search.
 
I found them at Fragrance Direct, who are selling both sets at £6.99 each. Fragrance Direct say that the RRP for these little beauties is £17.94 each. I have to say if that were the case, I think that would be daylight robbery. I was however happy to pay £6.99 a set.
 
Bourjois describe the Colour Block set as " a range of trendy shades which draws it's inspiration in the middle of the New York's catwalks. "  Trendy, now that is a word that thankfully you don't hear very often. Joking aside, this is a lovely collection of bright summery shades.
 
The dinky little bottles are super cute and contain 3ml of product each. I don't think I have ever managed to finish off a full sized bottle of nail polish yet.
 
 
 
Onto the swatches. There are no names with these polishes, just numbers. I don't know why, but I always feel a little sad when a product doesn't have a name. So polish numbers L-R in the same order as the swatches, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94.
 
I have used two coats on the nail wheel, just to fully even out the colour. I know it's not quite the same as applying to your own nails, but they seem really good quality. From the past experience I have had with Bourjois nail polish I can't see their being any problems. The nail polish is thick enough to give a nice even, glossy coat, but no so thick that you feel like you are painting your nails with Tipex. The only shade I am not keen on is the first green one. The others are really pretty and will wear a lot. Obviously I can't comment on the wear time, but nail polish never stays chip free on me for long anyway.
 
I will post the swatches of the Pastel Mania set soon.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out: http://keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html
    ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute aren't they. I am easily pleased x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page!!!!

    http://stayupdatedfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete