Thursday 19 September 2013

Three That Failed Me

Three That Failed Me 
 
 
Most of the posts I have written so far have been about things that I have really loved. There are one or two things that I have come across that just weren't right for me. I am sure I am not the only one who has things which didn't live up to expectations. I thought I would share a few of mine.
 
 
Firstly, Rimmel Scandaleyes Khol pencil in nude (sorry can't remember what the actual name is). Whilst watching many a video on you tube I had seen many people rave over this and how a nude eyeliner on the waterline supposedly brightened the eyes and made you look wide awake. That's the theory, and this may well work if you are olive toned, but on me it did nothing. If anything it made me more aware of the circles under my eyes. Maybe I am just set in my ways, but a darker eyeliner works much better for me. The pencil itself is a beautiful creamy formula and I would happily buy in another colour. I just have a stash of them to use first.
 
 
Nyx Cream Blush. My beef this time is more with the formula rather than the actual colour. I had never used a cream blusher before and was curious to try one. The verdict I am a powder girl. The dewy look is definitely not for me. Still you live and learn
 
 
 
Alpha H Liquid Gold. Again I have seen many people rave over this, amd it has attracted rather a cult following. Liquid Gold is a night serum which supposedly gives a golden glow to dull and lack-lustre skin. Alpha- H claim that it will revitalise and firm in just one application. Oter benefits of this serum are that it helps tackle hyper-pigmentation, acne, fine lines and large pores, reversing some of the symptoms of ageing and sun damage.
 
Those are pretty big claims and given that it has such a cult following I really did expect to be wowed by this product. Unfortunately I wasn't, it was just ok. Even after I had finished the bottle I really didn't feel that it had done anything outstanding for me. If you have really bad acne or scarring, maybe you will see more of a benefit from it. I am afraid that if I am spending £30 on a product I want to be bowled over by it, and I can get similar effects by using cheaper products.

No comments:

Post a Comment