Sunday 22 September 2013

Lancome DreamTone


                                                                Lancome DreamTone.
                                                                      
 
Last month saw the release of Lancome's much anticipated DreamTone. I have been a fan of Lancome products for quite some time, and so was generally interested to find out what all the fuss was about. Now if I am completely honest, from the description of the product, I don't really have these concerns with my skin. Being the nosey devil I am, I still wanted to try it  and duly trotted off  to my nearest counter. I was kindly given this 5ml sample to try.
 
If you haven't heard of DreamTone it is a product designed to correct dark spots, uneven skin tone, and improve the appearance of dullness, sallowness and blemish marks. It has three formulas to target those from the fairest to the darkest  skin tone.
 
 For some reason I was matched to medium skin tone, whereas I am definitely of fair skin tone, but I gave it a go anyway. The sample lasted about two weeks of daily use. Although this does not demonstate how effective the product is in the long term, it was enough to get a feel for DreamTone. The intention of this post is to show my initial thoughts on the product.
 
I would describe this as a fairly thick cream. It is a pale pink colour and has a subtle rose fragrance. The colour and the fragrance remind me of the Génifique Nutrics moisturiser. I found this light to use and was very easily absorbed by skin. It left a matte finish, but at the same time my skin felt soft and silky.
 
I don't really have a lot of problems with pigmentation and don't have any blemish marks, but I do have is freckles. What I can honestly say is that at by the end of the sample, my freckles were definitely less noticeable. If skin tone and pigmentaion are a problem for you then it may well be worth trying the DreamTone, it really is a lovely, luxurious product to use.
This of course is reflected by the price tag of £69 for 40mls. For me, these skin concerns aren't enough of a problem to justify paying that price.
 
 I am currently trying another product which so far seems to be as effective for less money. I will reveal all when I have used it for long enough to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, its expencive! Interesting how the stucture looks like:)
    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very expensive, am hoping the price will come down a little.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete