Saturday 28 September 2013

Eve of St Agnes Rose Body Balm


                                                      Eve of St Agnes Rose Body Balm.
                                                                        
 
This super cute tin of body balm came a few months a go in what was a beauteco box (now love me beauty) I am really making an effort to use some of the hoards of products I have.
 
Eve of ST Agnes are a company which are actually pretty local to me. They are a company which  use natural essential oils and absolutes to fragrance their products. Nothing from their range contains SLS/SLES, mineral oil, artificial fragrances or colourings, PEGs or Parabens or has been tested on animals. All of the ingredients are  sourced from community and Fair Trade projects across the globe.
 
This body balm is made with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Calendula, which are all natural ingredients that  have deeply moisturising ​and calming effects on the skin. The balm feels very luxurious and has a lovely velvety texure. You only need to warm a small amount in your hands to melt it and it is quickly absorbed by the skin.
 
It has a beautiful natural fragrance. It really does smell like the roses you would find in the garden. Despite how subtle the fragrance is, it has good staying power. I sometimes find that for a fragrance to be long lasting it is quite over powering when first applied, but this really isn't the case here.
 
Recently I have had a nasty flare up of dermatitis on my hands and wrists. This has done wonders in a very short space of time. Although I have a few lingering dry patches, my skin looks so much better for using this. It has also banished the gross flaky bits I get on my shins. My skin feels much softer and looks so much better.
 
If your skin is super dry like mine is or you suffer with skin complaints such as eczema this product is well worth a try. It is one of the gentlest yet most nourishing products I have tried in a long time. I will certainly be looking to replace this when it runs out. This is what I love about the beauty boxes, the discovery of a hidden gem, even if the company was on my door step all along.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment