Monday 16 September 2013

MONU Instant Radiance Micro Exfoliant

            
 MONU Instant Radiance Micro Exfoliant
 
 
I am really making an effort to use up my stash of samples that I have been collecting. It has taken me about 6 weeks to finish this sample of MONU Micro Exfolliant that originally came in a glossy box ages ago. I have to say that I had never come across MONU before. As you may remember I cancelled my subscription with Glossybox recently, but this is one of the products that I included in my Glossybox favourites post http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/favourite-products-from-glossybox.html
 
MONU products are not tested on animals. Their products are free from artificial perfumes and colours, using essential oils for fragrance and natural organic minerals to colour. As a company they are working towards becoming Carbon Neutral by ensuring all packaging is recylable, and sourcing and producing locally where ever possible.
  
Microdermabrasion contains a mechanical medium for exfoliation to gently remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the otermost layer of the skin. MONU micro exfoliant is made from diatomatious earth, papaya enzymes, polysaccharides, shea butter and panthenol. By removing the build up of dead skin, fine lines and pores are reduced and skin texture is improved, or so MONU claim. As with any product like this you need to bear in mind that it may make you more sensitive to the sun and that your skin may burn more easily. 

Micro exfolliant contains very fine particles, and I found this very gentle on my skin. I have found some microdermabrasion products to really sting, but this genuinely wasn't the case with MONU. It has a light, pleasant and citrus smell that I can't quite put my finger on. I think that this is a very effective product, and has definitely improved the overall appearance of my skin. I can't really comment on whether it has reduced any fine lines. I don't feel that I have used it for long enough to tell. I would certainly buy the full size of this and MONU are now on my hit list of brands I want to explore further.


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment