Sunday 7 July 2013

Zoya Nail Varnish in Gie Gie



                                                          Zoya Nail Varnish in Gie Gie

                                                                                 
 
Zoya is a brand which promotes itself as having a healthy formula that is free of the big 5. The big 5 are formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, camphor and dibutyl phthalate free, meaning that it is suitable for vegans. Zoya have an enormous range of colours and finishes.
 
The shade I have is Gie Gie. It is a very pale pink shade in a metallic finish, and has very tiny particles of glitter in it. After two coats it gives a fully opaque finish, The photo doesn't do the colour justice. It leaves a very subtle shimmery finish.
 
However I found that you need to apply only very thin coats as it does take considerably longer than other polishes to dry. It is definitely one to wear with a top coat over it as it seems a softer formula. As far as wear without chipping goes I am not the best person to judge this. I don't know how I do it, but nail varnish never lasts more than 2 days for me. Even seche vite doesn't extend the wear time for me. This lasted 2 days, which for me is pretty good. Normal people will probably get more wear time out of it than I do.
 
Overall I do like this nail varnish, it's just one you have to take your time with. There is a beautiful cobalt blue on their website that will be mine, as well as a lovely red.
 
Have you tried Zoya yet? What did you think?
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment