Saturday 13 July 2013

Glossybox July 2013.



                                                            Glossybox July 2013                                                          


What goodies I have received today. The last of my beauty boxes has literally just landed on my door step. This is my glossy box. It came in a special one off box, which has a seaside theme. The box is really cute. I haven't really had chance to try these products out, so this is just a quick first impressions post.


Firstly a full size Spray misty for me by anatomicals. This is a cooling facial spray containing lavender, peppermint and witch hazel. It smells predominantly of lavender which I like. I am going to have to hide this as unfortunately the children caught me testing it and have taken rather a shine to it. They were very impressed with it's cooling effect.


A 10ml sample of pukka radiance serum. Pukka definitely seems to be doing the beauty box rounds at the moment as it is in July's Beauteco box and there were pukka products in a recent Birchbox too. I don't mind that. I like serums. The question is can it compete with my beloved genifique - we shall see.                                       
                                                                                
 
A 7ml sample of coola mineral sunscreen tinted moisturiser. Coola is another brand that seems to be doing the beauty box brand. I haven't tried this particular product. It is an organic suncare product that gives a broad spectrum spf 20 in a tinted moisturiser. Now usually these kind of products are way to dark for my pasty face, but this is actually a light shade. Being a nurse, I think that sunscreen is really important. Again I look forward to trying this.
 
 
 
 
 A 25ml size bottle of bamboo style boho waves by alterna. This claims to add texture, volume and healthy shine to hair. Am a little puzzled as to how one product can deliver texture and shine at the same time, but again we shall see. I have had a conditioner from alterna previously and loved it, so am looking forward to trying this.

 
And last but by no means least, this gorgeous nail varnish by ciate in shade mistress. This is the little gem I am most excited about. Lovely bright summery red shade. I couldn't have chosen a better shade myself.
I am really pleased with this box. There are two full size products and decent sized samples of the rest. I think that glossybox have upped their game somewhat with having been out performed by Birchbox recently. New addition to the beauty box scene beauteco box are also giving them a run for their money. This can only be a good thing, as I was getting a bit fed up of titchy samples and things that didn't match my profile. I was thinking of cancelling my subscription to glossybox, but after this month I think I will wait a little longer before I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment