Friday 10 January 2014

#NoBuyJanuary End of Week 1.


 
 
#NoBuyJanuary is really making me take stock of all the products that I have squirrelled away. I seem to have lots of mini pots and samples and is definitely time I paid more attention to them. With that in mind I thought I would show you the skin care products I have been using in the morning. Although I have an enormous amount of products I do like to keep my routines fairly simple. With 3 kids to sort, I really don't have the energy or time to mess about. I also try to introduce one new product into my routine at a time.
 
I have had the little pots of Botanicals Rose & Camellia Skin Polish and Cleansing Melt since buying a try me set in September. Both are 5g samples. I think the Cleansing Melt should last about a week of daily use and the Skin Polish 2-3 week as I only use this 2 days a week. Enough to get a feel for, but not quite enough to see the long term benefits.
 
For me the star of this range was the facial oil I reviewed earlier in the week, but I do like both of these products. The Cleansing Melt removes my make up well and leaves my skin nice and soft. The Skin Polish is very gentle on the skin. First impressions are certainly positive.
 
I love a serum, it just gives that little extra to my skin care routine. Herbfarmacy's Mallow Beauty Balm came in November's LoveLula box and I have used it most morning since. I love the fragrance, it melts into my skin and gives a nice extra layer of moisture. I like to apply a thin layer of this before I go out for a run when it's been really cold, and it just stops my skin from drying out. This is very good stuff and it lasts for ages. Nearly two months on and I have only used about a third of the jar.
 
My current day time moisture is a sample of Freyaluna's Shed Your Skin moisturiser. This is a rich moisturiser aimed at dry skin.  It also helps to tone the skin and with cell regeneration. I have been using this for just over a week and so far so good. This is made with the essential oils of benzoin, palmarosa, and neroli. It has a such a lovely fragrance, and despite it's richness I don't find it in the least bit heavy. This is a really good Winter time moisturiser.
 
What products are you using at the moment?


6 comments:

  1. I love trial sized samples and find them much easier to use up, plus they don't take up so much room! Never heard of the Botanicals range, sounds really good. I'm a big fan of Herbfarmacy and used to love their rescue balm - a great all in one product, not tried their beauty balm but tempted to try it on my forehead! Had my eye on Freyaluna's Shed Your Skin moisturiser, so glad to hear you like it + I think this would be a great night time facial product? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana. I won a giveaway that had a sample of the rescue balm and I am really looking forward to trying it. I think the shed your skin would also be good at night. I am using a sample of embrace your age as my night cream and really like that too. I think the whole range is such good value for money. I love it when you find people that like similar products x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mallow beauty balm too such a gorgeous scent :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just such an amazing product. I am glad you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name 'Herbfarmacy'. The balm sounds like a fab product. Good idea giving your skin an extra layer of moisture especially with the bitterly cold at the moment.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad we haven't had anywhere near the cold they have had in America. don't think I could cope with it x

    ReplyDelete