Thursday 23 January 2014

Essential Care Mascara

                                                                         
   
 I really want to find cleaner alternatives for my current make up. A little while ago I bought an Essential Care Mascara in Brown to try, so I thought it would be a good time to share my findings.

 The Essential Care Mascara is 88% organic and was the first mascara to receive certification by the Soil Association and sells for £17.50 here. Essential Care say that it's natural formula is kind and gentle enough for contact wearers.

  The mascara comes with a medium thickness brush which feels soft to the touch. I hate it when a mascara brush is hard and you can feel it pulling on your eyelashes. The formula is nicely balanced, not so dry that it is difficult to apply, and not too wet that it takes a long time to dry.

 I find that this gives lovely length to my eyelashes but not quite as much volume as I would like. My eyelashes are very fine and difficult to see without mascara. I have found that if  I leave a moment between each coat, then I can build up a thicker effect. I haven't had any problems with the formula irritating my eyes, even when I wear my contact lenses. I find his mascara to give good wear time too, it doesn't smudge, run or flake. It gives a lovely natural look which is perfect for daytime wear. For a night out I would look for something that gives a little more volume, but I am more than happy with this for everyday wear.

          Have you tried the Essential Care mascara or would you recommend something different?

3 comments:

  1. Great piece!
    PHB Ethical Beauty's mascara is the best natural and VEGAN mascara I've ever tried, its volumising, thickening and lengthening- result! Tried essential care and alva but the PHB mascara is by far my favourite, even compared to mascaras I used before going natural :)

    Here's the link if anyones interested! http://www.phbethicalbeauty.co.uk/natural-organic-fairtrade-vegan-paraben-free-cruelty-free-make-up/eyeshadows-eyebrows-mascaras-eyeliners/natural_mascara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. Will have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite mascara - in black. I found the same problem with the volume too, but find it's great for everyday wear. Yet to find a natural mascara with ++ volume! x

    ReplyDelete