Saturday 29 June 2013

JUNE 2013 GLOSSYBOX


                                                               June 2013 Glossybox.

                                                                     
 
I am a bit late posting this one, seeing as it is almost be time for July's subscription to be taken. Never mind, better late than never. The theme of this months box is summer looks. Some of the products I really enjoyed, others are somewhat of a disappointment. That is the thing with the beauty boxes, there really are no guarantees.
 
Firstly a tiny sample of the fragrance Boss Jour by Hugo Boss. The fragrance itself is sweet and light and very summery. It's ok, but I wont be buying it. I always feel a bit peeved by these samples as you can get most of them free from a department store anyway. Hey ho, you cant win them all.
 
A full size Figs & Rouge lip balm in Coco Rose. I so wanted to like this. I have some hand cream from the same range and I really like it. This sadly was a let down. It is the most unflattering pasty pink shade ever, and worse still it feels grainy. A big fat resounding yuck.
 
Moving swiftly on to the next item. Sarah Chapman Skin Kinesis Intensive Hydrating Booster. This was a decent 5ml size in a pump applicator. To be honest I hadn't heard of this before, but after a quick google I soon realised that this has some rave reviews and was not to be sniffed at. I have been using this at night after cleansing and before my moisturiser. A little goes a long way, and after 10 days I am just coming to the end of the sample. This product is lovely. It is really hydrating without being heavy or sticky. My skin is certainly happy with this little gem. Not sure if I would buy this as I love my genifique too much.
 
The nail polish is by Mememe Cosmetics, and although the colour itself isn't to my taste I am impressed with the actual product. It gives a lovely even coat, it is long lasting and generally very good value for money. In my humble opinion it rivals much more expensive nail varnishes and I will certainly be buying other colours from their range.
 
Lastly a grey eye pencil by Helen E Cosmetics. Again the colour isn't quite to my taste. My inner rock chick craves darker colours, and this is a tad too light for me. However this is a lovely product. It glides on, it doesn't pull or drag like some eye pencils do. It has good staying power too. I would certainly buy it in other colours, there is purple eye pencil that I rather fancy.
 
Overall I am pleased with this months glossybox. Not convinced that it is a very summery theme, some product seem more wintery to me, but that is just by the by. I think with the beauty boxes you have to have an open mind. I might not necessarily have chosen specific shades but it has given me a feel for new brands and this can only be a good thing. It is very easy to get stuck in a rut with a beauty regime and I find this a good way of testing the water and trying new products without spending a fortune.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment