Sunday 2 August 2015

The Body Deli Solar Day Cream.

Protection from sun damage is something I take very seriously. I find a lot of sun creams to be heavy and greasy and tend to break me out. The other thing I really struggle with is finding something I can use before I run which doesn't make me feel like I am over heating.
 
 One of the samples I was most excited to receive in my S/S sampler box from abeautifulworld was the Solar Day Cream by The Body Deli, which has an equivalent to SPF 15.  This promises to offer the perfect solution.
 
Solar Day Cream is a light facial moisturiser which uses micronized titanium and zinc oxides as it's base for sun protection. It contains Sunflower, Jojoba and Virgin Coconut oil, as well as Squalane, Aloe Vera and antioxidants. It has a lovely warm fragrance thanks to the essential oils of Roman Chamomile, Blood Orange, Ylang Ylang and Rosemary.
 
My first observation of the product is that it doesn't tell you how much product is needed to be applied to ensure appropriate protection. If I am being really picky I would question the need for the Blood Orange in a product for sun protection due to citrus oils having a photosensitive effect. Whilst the essential oils are one of the last ingredients and assuming that they are of a low concentration, I would still be wary of this. You can find the full ingredients list here
 
In terms of application, it has a light formula. It definitely feels more like a facial moisturiser rather than a sunscreen. My sample in the pot feels a little too fluid, and it is easy to spill if I am not being careful. The full size is a bottle with an airless pump, which I think is much better. It absorbs well and doesn't leave any chalky cast that is associated with a sun protection product. I find that I can run after wearing it without that horrible feeling of over heating, but it still breaks me out. I have given it several attempts and each time I have introduced it again, I have the same problem.
 
This obviously won't be a repurchase for me, but it is something I can tick off my to try list. The search for my perfect sun protection continues....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment