Friday 21 February 2014

#Frugal February This or That (Battle of The Sonic Cleansing Devices).



                                                                 

                                                                        


                                         LINEUP_IMAGE
                         

                                 This is my wish list with a twist. The Foreo Luna Mini vs the Clarisonic Mia


 
                                              Clarisonic Mia

 I have heard so many good things about both the Luna and the Clarisonic sonic cleansing devices and am really curious to try them out for myself. I have always been a bit hesitant to take the plunge because of the initial outlay. Priced at just under £100 for the Luna Mini and £155 for the Clarisonic Mia they are what I would consider to be an investment product. I have always worried that I wouldn't use them regularly enough to justify spending that much in one go, that I would use it religiously for a month and then never bother with it again.

 It's my birthday at the end of March, and I was thinking of asking for contributions towards one of the devices. I just can't quite decide which. I have made a quick list of the pros and cons of each device.

   Pros (Luna Mini)
* Rechargeable for up to 300 uses per charge.
* Claims to be more hygienic and feel like getting a facial.
* No need to replace brush heads.

  Cons (Luna Mini)
*Initial Outlay.

 Pros (Clarisonic Aria)
* Patented sonic frequency.
* Most well known device.

Cons (Clarisonic Mia)
* Need to buy replacement heads.
* Only has one setting.

 As you can probably tell, on paper I am leaning more towards the Luna Mini. However much you read up about a product, it can't give you a true feel for it. I was wondering if any of you reading this own one of or even both devices, and what your experience has been. Perhaps most importantly do you use it often enough for it to be worth the splurge.

                                                Any feedback would be gratefully received.

    

12 comments:

  1. I have a Luna Mini and I love it. It's made a real difference to my skin. I did a review on it which might be helpful for you http://www.hellopurpleclouds.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/whats-pink-vibrates-and-makes-me-smile.html x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Boots' own, I don't know how it compares to the Clarisonic's or others but I'm pretty happy with it tbh :-) Plus, it's a fraction of the cost ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very interesting to hear. Will have to look that one up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with Clarisonic Mia. It makes my skin softer and removes dry patches, but.. it's hard to commit to use it everyday. I haven't tried Luna, but it sounds like a good product and the price is more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my worry, that I just wouldn't use it enough to justify the price .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the luna. I haven't tried the mia but have tried a similar brush one. Much prefer the luna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sandra. It is good to get other people's perspective x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the clarisonic and I feel that it is only good for removing makeup. I can only use the delicate brush head (most gentle one), once per day. I feel that it does to much exfoliation. I imagine that a lot of people are over exfoliating because of devices like these.

    The Luna has spiked my interest for a while now. I need to do more research on it. It may be better for me!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have dry skin and find that if I were to use a muslin cloth every day it would be too much for my skin to cope with. I have heard a few people say that about the clarisonic, whereas the luna seems to be more gentle. It's a lot of money to spend on the wrong thing. I am very grateful for everyone's feedback x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, a while ago I splurged on the Clarisonic and liked it, but then, as you said, set it aside and forgot about it for awhile. More recently I started using it again and liking it. There are an assortment of super gentle brush heads now, including a smaller one that's specifically designed to get into smaller areas (I'm assuming around the nose, inner corner of eyes, but not really sure!). I like that brush head because it's softer and fluffier than the other ones, so less over-exfoliating issue. Meanwhile, my skin does do well with it. I tend to be pretty oily in the summer but drier in winter, so combination skin. Sometimes I take it into the shower with me. I find ways to use it - often in the morning to wake up my face. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do worry that I wouldn't use a device often enough to justify buying it. I think I would probably need a gentler brush from what people have said. Thanks for the feedback x

    ReplyDelete