Follow by Email

Monday, 21 October 2013

Konjac Puff Sponge

 Konjac Puff Sponge
 
 
There seems to be big rise in the popularity of Asian beauty products recently, and this product is a real gem. I had seen these sponges on various websites, and had been very curious about them. I received my first sponge by the Konjac Sponge Company in September's SoukSouk beauty box and have been using it ever since.
 
For those of you who haven't come across this product before the Konjac is actually a type of potato native to Asia. It has an incredibly high water content - 97% apparently and the remaining 3% is dietary fibre. It is an alkaline product, also containing numerous vitamins. 
 
You are probably asking yourself why this would be used as a beauty treatment.
 
The structure of the sponge gives it gentle exfoliating properties, meaning that it will stimulate blood flow and encourage the growth of new skin cells. The alkaline nature of the sponge counteracts the acidity of the skin, helping to balance impurities. This sponge can be used by itself  or with what ever cleanser/face wash you desire.
 
 
On removal from the packaging, the sponge feels hard to the touch and needs soaking for a moment in warm water to rehydrate it. After care is very simple, just gently squeeze out excess water and leave it hanging to dry (although not in the shower cubicle). Konjac Sponge Company say it should last between 1-3 months and can be composted after use.
 
So, what did I think to it?
 
I have spent the last month really experimenting with this. I used it with the last of my DHC oil, with face washes, face scrubs, cleansing balms and just with plain old water. I really love this product. It is like nothing else I have ever tried. The Konjac sponge gives such a deep clean, but it is at the same the gentlest product I have used.
 
I find that if I use a flannel or a muslin cloth to take off a cleanser more than a couple of times a week, it is too harsh for my skin. It is not the case with the Konjac sponge, I have used it twice a day for the past month and it leaves my skin so soft. It is effective without any product, but I do prefer to use a little bit of something when washing my face. I have definitely noticed it makes your product go much further.
 
A month on, the sponge is still going strong and is showing no signs of wear and tear. Priced at just £6.99 this is a very affordable addition to my skin care regime, and think it will be especially beneficial to my skin over Winter. I have already ordered my replacement, I really do love the Konjac sponges, you can buy one here
 

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know if I should eat it or put it on my face!
    In all seriousness, this sounds like an amazing product. I use chemical exfoliants but I occasionally need a manual one to loosen up all the fluff collecting on my skin that the chemicals slough off and this sounds like a great, gentle alternative. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I am sure you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Sounds like a really great sponge. Thank you for sharing this! (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard good things about this sponge, and I've learned more from you. Thanks for sharing more information about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. You have both made me blush. The sponges are fantastic and really good value for money too x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of such a thing. It can be a very interesting thing to experiment with. Thanks for sharing! :)
    www.makeupandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tend to see them more on the natural beauty product websites x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of anything like this before but I really like the idea of this. I need something for my skin especially with winter on its way. I found your blog via the friendly bunch blog hop, new follower x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I've still to try my two x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me know what you think to them, I would love to know x

    ReplyDelete