Wednesday 16 September 2015

Valia Purifying Wash.

I am definitely a girl who prefers a cleansing balm, but every once in a while I like to use something a little different. I am trying hard to use up some of my samples and am currently enjoying using this Purifying Wash by Valia.
 
Valia use natural herbs, grains and essential oils in their products. Their philosophy is based on ancient Japanese traditions which you can read in more detail here. Products are suitable for vegans as Valia strongly embrace Vegan fundamentals.
 
The Purifying Wash is suitable for all skin types. I have found it to be very light. The texture is almost like a gel, that foams slightly. Made with papaya enzyme, it gently exfoliates and brightens the skin. The Aloe Vera Leaf juice adds moisture, allowing it to cleanse and moisturise without feeling like it strips the skin. It also contains Green Tea, vitamin C and Yuzu which all add the brightening effect.
 
I have really enjoyed using the Purifying Wash as a morning cleanser. It has a lovely citrus fragrance which is very uplifting. I think it lives up to it's brightening claims. The only thing that puts me off buying it is that it doesn't seem to very easy to track down in the UK. As this was part of an ABW sample box, I hoped that they would sell it, but sadly not.
 
Ingredients taken from the Valia website:-
 Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-yuen Seed Extract (Hato Mugi/Job’s Tears/Pearl Barley), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Junos (Yuzu) Peel Oil, Squalene, Chondrus Crispus, Bromelain (Pineapple), Papain (Papaya), Tocopherol, Niacinamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glucose, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

2 comments:

  1. The papaya and green tea make this sound like it smells amazing. I'm not too keen on gel based facial wash though as I find they really dry out my skin. I'm a creme cleanser kinda gal.
    I feel your pain though. I received an amazing product in an sample box once but they seem to only retail in Russia. *sigh*

    Helen
    Tea in the Tub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that always the way, so unfair x

    ReplyDelete