Saturday 30 May 2015

Lyonsleaf Body Butter

I fell in love with Lyonsleaf when I tried a sample of their Calendula Cream in a SoukSouk box and couldn't resist buying their gift set to try put more from them. My review of their Natural Body Butter is long overdue.
 
What I really like about Lyonsleaf is that the products include ingredients that have been grown on their own farm, and that all the products are waterless. It gives complete confidence that products are completely natural, as their is simply no need for added preservatives.
 
The Body Butter comes in a sturdy glass jar, and is reasonably priced at £12.95 for 110mls. Although at first glance this may not seem a very big jar I can honestly say that this really does go a long way, making it very good value for money.
 
 At room temperature it is solid, but melts very quickly when applied. My dry skin loves the nourishing blend of shea butter, coconut oil, avacado and sweet almond oil. It has banished flaky patches from my legs and always gives me super soft skin. I find that if I apply it sparingly it absorbs very quickly, but I quite like to apply a thicker layer when I have a little more time to let it soak in. This is especially good as a foot cream overnight with socks over the top.
 
The fragrance reminds me very much of the Calendula Cream, in that it is very cool and fresh. This makes it a very good unisex appeal, and is something I think Lyonsleaf are very good at. The Body Butter is certainly a firm favourite.
 
Sample sizes of the Body Butter, Beauty Balm and Calendula Cream are now available on the website at a very reasonable £1.99.
 
95% organic): butyrospermum parkii [organic raw shea butter] • cocos nucifera [cold pressed organic coconut oil] • persea americana [organic, cold pressed, avocado oil] • prunus amygdalus dulcis [cold pressed sweet almond oil] • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil] • styrax benzoin [benzoin resin] • salvia sclarea [clary sage essential oil]  • pelargonium  graveolens [geranium essential oil]  • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract] note: the essential oils naturally contain: citral, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, limonene, linolool
 

5 comments:

  1. Great review Karen. Huge fan of this brand! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. I have my eye on their soaps next x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely! I've been wanting to try Lyonsleaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you would love them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried anything from Lyonsleaf but I know you've raved about them before. I do like body moisturisers that start out solid and melt into an oil as you work them with your hands. They always seem to be super rich and nourishing on the skin. I must take a look at this brand more closely as I'm sure I would like them too. Tx

    ReplyDelete