Saturday 6 December 2014

Living Nature Nourishing Hand Cream.

Living Nature are a company who are commited to using 100% natural ingredients, preservatives and fragrances. Founded in New Zealand in 1987 by Suzanne Hall, the complete range of products is certified natural by BDIH Germany. They are committed to producing products which are safe for the individual as well as the environment. They are very proud to say that their brand has one of the best scores on the Skin Deep Cosmetics Safety Database
 
I have been lucky enough to sample a few of their products through various beauty box subscriptions and have been impressed by the quality of their skin care products in particular. Today I thought I would share my thoughts on their Nourishing Hand Cream which I received in a recent Love Lula beauty box.
 
This hand cream is made with Jojoba oil, Macademia oil, Active Manuka honey and Larch Tree Extract. Living Nature say that their hand cream helps repair chapped hands and protects against moisture loss.
 
Nourishing Hand Cream comes in a plastic bottle and has a push cap dispenser, making the packaging pretty robust. It has survived being thrown about in my work bag, which is something metal tubes don't always manage. I love the fragrance of this. It has a sweet, almost sherbet like smell. It reminds me of the Love Heart sweets.
 
 When I looked at the ingredients list I was expecting a rich and thick cream, this couldn't be further from the truth. I was pleasantly surprised at how light Nourishing Hand Cream actually is. The light texture allows it to sink into my hands very quickly and it does leave them very soft. At the moment I have patches of contact dermatitis on my hands, and I have to say this cream isn't quite moisturising enough to tackle those areas. Those areas still feel a little tight and dry. For me, this is a hand cream which would be perfect for warmer months as I tend to need a heavy duty hand cream in Winter.
 
Nourishing Hand Cream contains very high quality ingredients and the price reflects that. Given the vast amount of hand cream I get through £16 for 50mls is more than I want to pay, so I can't see myself repurchasing it. That however is the benefit of a subscription, I get to be able to try products
I am too tight to pay full price for I would not otherwise have the opportunity to try.
 
Aqua (water), Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Glycerin (vegetable glycerin), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil**, Cetyl palmitate, Sorbitan palmitate, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glucose, Mel (manuka honey), Caryocar brasiliense (pequi) fruit oil, Galactoarabinan (larch tree gum), Parfum (fragrance)*, Glucose oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Leptospermum scoparium (manuka) oil. *From natural essential oils: Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool. **Certified organic.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Living Nature are on the higher end of the price scale but I'm yet to try a product I don't like! This sounds lovely but £16 is a bit much for me too for a hand cream. Love their foundation though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like their skin care. The shampoo and conditioner didn't quite work for me though x

      Delete
  2. I love this hand cream! I didn't love the scent of it initially but it grew on me. One I'd buy again although its pricey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely but the full price puts me off x

      Delete
  3. This sounds nice, think I'll put in on my spring wish list! <3

    ReplyDelete