Saturday 28 June 2014

June 2014 Books.

                                       Here are the books I have read throughout June.                                         

                                                                    21620660

  Chameleon by J Jackson Bentley.
 A security firm is hired to protect an African stateswoman who aims to deliver a speech which will expose the exploitation and theft from her nation by her own government. They fail in their mission to protect her, but is anything as clear cut as it seems. I really enjoyed this fast paced book, and will definitely look for more by this author.
               
                                                                  Eeny Meeny

  Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge.
 I read this on the recommendation of Sandra and this was another really good read. Two victims are chosen and left with an unthinkable choice. Either one must kill the other to be released or they both starve to death. Could you choose? I was absolutely gripped with this and can't wait for the release of the next book.

                                                                  Broken Dolls

  Broken Dolls by James Carol.
 I love a good thriller and this is one of the best I have read in a long time. A number of women from London have been abducted, tortured, lobotomised and then released. Jefferson Winter, a former FBI agent and son of one of America's most notorious serial killers is brought in to track down the psychopath responsible for these gruesome crimes. A classic race against time to find the latest woman to go missing before she suffers the same fate. This was really quite grisly in places, but such a good book.

                                                                 The Four Streets

The Four Streets by Nadine Dorries.
My final book of the month isn't the kind of book I would usually go for, but I literally read this from cover to cover in one sitting. Set in Liverpool in the 1950's and based on a very close knit Catholic and poverty stricken community. This is the first book in a trilogy, with the next book being released at the end of the year. Life is tough for the residents of these streets, but ultimately it is a story of a community who would do anything to protect their own.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention and your recommendations. I downloaded Broken Dolls. Quite interested in checking out The Four Streets x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will really like both. So glad I downloaded Eeny Meeny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen. I would so love to have more time to read novels. Perhaps when my kids are older! Though, I am on the look out for some reading matter to take on my hols to Spain shortly. I do like the sound of Broken Dolls. I know it's gruesome from what you say but the storyline sounds gripping. Have you got any other good holiday recommendations? Thanks. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to make time when the kids are little. I found I struggled to concentrate on a book, especially when the twins were babies x

    ReplyDelete